Tuesday, September 08, 2015

Jesse Beauty, Unisex Salon and Spa, Aundh, Pune

Groupon is where I head when  I want to pamper my dear ones and myself. It's usually got the kind of deals I can deal with: a massage for as little as Rs. 499 and, sometimes, or at some locations, for even less! Besides a massage, there are deals for all kinds of other things and there's Groupon for most cities, even around the world. And that is how I booked us for a massage at Jesse Beauty, Unisex Salon and Spa, Aundh.
These days, with most of us sitting at a desk all day, mostly hunched up, our bodies end up feeling stressed. The muscles are tense. Lack of fresh air and no time for a workout makes for dull skin and  a miserable mood. 
In the olden days, in India, there was, at least, an oil bath, once or twice a week. In some places, like Kerala, I recall seeing people give themselves a nice oil rub before a wash. Nowadays we have no time for all that and we'd rather not have to clean up a tiled bathroom after that. 
It's, therefore, a small luxury and an almost must to go have a massage now and then. And that's what I booked for us. 
The parlour was easy to find as it's next to Medipoint Hospital and above Saarthi Veg Restaurant.   This makes it convenient to find and, after a relaxing massage or other beauty treatment, why not treat yourself to some yummy vegetarian food?
Jesse Beauty is quite spacious compared to a few other salons I've been to so far. The white backgrounds and the decor, in general, were quite appealing.
The lady who runs Jesse is an absolute sweet heart. She gave my son a chocolate as it was his birthday!

There's a nice lounge to relax in while you wait for your turn. It's got a big TV set, lots of cool magazines and very comfortable and elegant seating.
And you can have a coffee too!
The staff conducted the massages most professionally and it was really good. I've been to a few places in Pune for these massage deals and this one I rate highest so far. 
They offer a couples massage which makes it such a luxurious experience. The massage room was spacious and pleasant. My partner got so relaxed he began to snore! 
 To the left of the picture you can see the shower room-it was most modern and luxurious and such bliss to have a nice hot shower after the massage. 
All in all, I have to say a big thank you to Jesse for having given us a superb and luxurious experience!

No comments: